Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sickkk.

There. My fear has come. I felt weak today, I couldnt work lest concentrate in the office. My eyes are tired and wanted to close. I need a long rest.

This morning I visited the resident doctor of the Department. My stomach ached so bad. Gumuguhit yung sakit sa tyan, i told the doctor. The doctor was nice and accommodating. She gave me hot compress. My head ached, I got chills all over. I looked pale, my officemate who helped me get the medicine told me. i thought may kumukulam sakin. I know I was getting too hysterical na that time.

After 1 hour of lying on the matress, still feeling weak, the doctor told me she couldnt tell right away what caused the pain. She adviced me to have a couple of laboratory tests (CBC and routine urinalysis) from other hospitals because the Department does not offer free tests like them.

SO my officemate and i went outside the bdlg and headed to the nearest hospital. It's a good thing my boss let us borrow the office vehicle and a driver to send us off. We were looking for the "quickmed" however, we found "starmed". It's a relatively cheaper hospital/clinic situated at the back of Phil. Heart Center. The lady receptionist gave me a plastic container for the urine sample. She also pricked my finger with a needle to get a blood sample. These samples needed 1 hour to get examined. My officemate and i ordered pancakes from McDo though i told her wala tlga akong gana. To kill the boredom we talked about a lot of things in the office - I still felt really sick.

The tests told us that my UTI has returned. The normal WBC should be 0-2. I had 4-8hmf. I didnt know what these counts got to do with the UTI, the doctor just told me it's abnormal and i am a candidate for UTI patient. I said, Oh God thanks it wasnt anything serious.
But the doctor told me it could lead to kidney problems, which is not impossible to occur since my father has one. She made some transcriptions and proper diet advices. I have to take the medicine for 10 days and come back to the clinic on the 11th day to have me examined further.

I hate hospitals. But if I hate them i should take real good care of myself.

After that, we went back to the office . Business as usual though i was still not feeling well. I need to sleep. i want to sleep. Hay...

But this is reality, man. we have to work to survive. But we also should remember, in order to be productive we must take care of ourselves.

Im feeling sleepy here in the office right now, that's why i made a blog out of my today's experience. I wish it's 5 so I can go home.

No comments: