Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Book Review - Scott Peck's TRLT

The Road Less Traveled - Scott Peck


This is the book I will always cherish for as long as I live. I am grateful to my psychology teacher in college, for making this part of the required reading materials in class. He only instructed us to read the part of the book about “ the psychology of love”. Surprised because compared to other books that discuss love, the way peck discussed it was not in a mushy or feel good manner. He discussed it the way love should be known, no gimmick and all. Just the truth about love and falling in love and everything in between.
The psychological explanation why human being wants and longs to be loved and to love which is a quest that we thought we all know about, but not. We thought we all have, but haven’t. We thought we can get by just giving, but do not know how.

Though it is a quest, unnecessarily tedious one, it is comprehensible and achievable.

Because I like what I read about this chapter of the book, I pursued on searching the book even after graduation to read the whole chapters and wasn’t disappointed at all by doing so. I love every bit of insight it instills to me.

I also like how he discussed the self-discipline- the underlying concepts, reasons and factors that trigger the human behavior. I am currently reading that part whenever I have time in the evening. The last chapters of the book are about culture, spirituality and religion. SO far, so good.

I recommend this to you. A very nice and generously written experiences contained in a single book.

No comments: